Metals We Can’t Accept at Federal Metals in Calgary
In compliance with Alberta Environmental Regulations and Mill Requirements and Standards, Federal Metals Inc is unable to accept the following items:
- Dirt, concrete, household trash, rubber, rubber tires, glass, wood, insulated items
- Fluids including but not limited to: gas, diesel, oil, hydraulic oil, water
- Hydraulic cylinder (must be pulled apart and drained of all fluids)
- Sulfured material
- Rebar, steel cable, banding, barbed wire (these items are acceptable if chipped or cut to 6”-8" pieces)
- Fridges, freezers, microwaves
- Electronics: TVs, stereos, phones, computers, monitors, keyboards
- Capacitors, ballasts, micro switches
- Aerosol cans, propane tanks, sealed or squashed drums, sealed containers/tanks
- Cans or containers that contain or did contain paint, sealers, pesticides or other toxic chemicals
- Sludge, grindings, bag house dust, scale, weld and torch cut fines
The above list is not all encompassing; it is intended to act as a guideline and is subject to change without notice.
Sorry, we can’t recycle e-waste or electronics because they contain hazardous materials such as mercury, but we can guide you to an authorized electronics recycling depot in Calgary. If you’re unsure whether your materials are acceptable for recycling with us, contact us and we’ll help you find out.