Metals We Can’t Accept at Federal Metals in Calgary
In compliance with Alberta Environmental Regulations and Mill Requirements and Standards, Federal Metals Inc is unable to accept the following items:
- Dirt, concrete, household trash, rubber, rubber tires, glass, wood, insulated items
- Fluids including but not limited to: gas, diesel, oil, hydraulic oil, water
- Hydraulic cylinder (must be pulled apart and drained of all fluids)
- Sulfured material
- Rebar, steel cable, banding, barbed wire (these items are acceptable if chipped or cut to 6”-8" pieces)
- Fridges, freezers, microwaves
- Capacitors, ballasts, micro switches
- Aerosol cans, propane tanks, sealed or squashed drums, sealed containers/tanks
- Cans or containers that contain or did contain paint, sealers, pesticides or other toxic chemicals
- Sludge, grindings, bag house dust, scale, weld and torch cut fines
The above list is not all encompassing; it is intended to act as a guideline and is subject to change without notice.
If you’re unsure whether your materials are acceptable for recycling with us, contact us and we’ll help you find out.